Rod sock & tube for a switch rod

FishOnCamp

FishOnCamp

Does anyone have a source for a rod sock and possibly a tube for a 10' 8" 4 piece rod? I just finished building a switch rod and have had no luck finding a rod sock. The rod measures out at just under 34" and it seems like the longest socks I am finding are 30", for a 10' rod. I have a 36" pvc spinning rod tube that I could use but would like to find a sock. Thank you.

Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

This place should be very close to you, and they should have what you want.

Versitex

Thanks for the info. Versitex is right up the road from me but they only list a 32" sock on their website, I'm trying to find 34" - 36". Thanks again.

I would think for a rod sock you could make your own.
What blank did you use for you switch blank. What line works with it well?
I been looking at a beulah, I did cast it with their elixer line.
I would like to build one but the questions are what holds me back.
Crb

This is what I use for all my rods instead of rod socks and tubes. It’s more convenient to leave reels attached. I have some of these rod cases from Cabelas and they are decent quality for a good price. They make a 34” model too. Good luck.

Cabela's Rod Case

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
I built the rod on a Rainshadow RX7 blank. It's their 10' 8" 5wt switch blank. I've only lawn cast the rod with a WF5F and a WF6F. Both lines seemed to work OK but I'll know more once I get it on the water. The whole spey/switch world is new to me so I'm not exactly sure what type of line would work best.
I did see that Sandfly has some custom rod bags on his website so I'll have to check with him. I plan on trying the rod on Pine Creek in a few weeks.
Thanks again.

Mudhole offers series of resonably priced custom rod tubes with divided liners.

http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Rod-Cases_2

Its what I have for my Batson Switch.

Remember to add 2" to the length of your longest section to determine proper tube length.

Back