Rio Gallegos Waders

H

HCsteel

Still new here but had a question for you guys. I am in need of a new pair of waders and have been considering the new Rio Gallegos from Patagonia. I have past experience with Patagonia and Simms and I like Patagonia Customer Service better and the new features seem better than that of the Simms. Have any of you guys tried these waders?

Those Patagonia certainly look interesting with a lot of well thought out features. I agree that Patagonia generally provides better warranty service than Simms in that Patagonia is generally no questions asked and Simms always seems to be pointing the finger at the customer. Having said that, I doubt many have tried these as they are new and there are not a hell of a lot of shops around here that carry Patagonia waders versus Simms waders. Even shops like TCO that has a fair amount of Patagonia gear does not have the waders, instead they promote Simms. My wifes waders are Patagonia and were purchased very inexpensively from Sierra Trading Post and I certainly feel better about potential warranty issues with Patagonia.

I have g3s and love them. I cannot comment on Simms service because have not had to use it. That being said I am recently obsessed with all things Patagonia. I have tried a few clothing items over the last year or so and i am impressed. I say get the waders!

good to see you on the other side HC... we want a pic intro :) I know you got some goods.

if possible, hold out on the waders, and get some feedback from Logan, as I believe he just purchased these.

Smitty, the alaska dude, has went through 2 pairs of g4's in less than a year, and they repair, not replace... w. that said, and the above recomendations, go 'gonia man.

I will also give big ups to the beans around 120.. fairfly from keystone wears these, and they are just as reinforced, well, not as quite, but good enough, as g3's...

Oil creek grannoms coming up soon budddy.

Just my 2 cents...

I'm on my fourth year in Patagonia Watermaster waders . They have been used hard and keep on trucking without any problems. Some minor pin holes, but easily fixed. For $299 it's tough to beat them. They are tough as nails. I plan on pulling the trigger on a new pair this season if and when i need to send the old pair back for repair/replacement. For trout fishing in PA, I don't see the need for the Rio Gallegos. Now, if a majority of your fishing is chasing chrome, then hell yeah. I think that's what those waders are targeted at. Or if you are crazy hard on gear. They are over the top bombproof.

You could use that extra $150 on other top notch gear.

Tenn the main target species is definitely steelhead at the moment, probably 75 days a year atleast, another 15-30 trips for trout and warmwater thrown in there. I tried some on last night but where a size to small. I think I am going to pull the trigger though.

Halupka- Ill post some pictures after this weekend. Got a pelican case for my 40D.

Jeff- we do have the Rio Gallegos in the shops. At least I know we do in Bryn Mawr, but I'm pretty sure they're in all the shops. I haven't fished them yet, but I have heard they are awesome from a bunch of people. To be honest, you can't go wrong with either Simms or Patagonia.

Back