Redington ct 8'6 3wt

Keppenbill

Keppenbill

Just wondering if i will handle larger fish its a toss up between this and a Redington persuit 8' 4wt. Mostly will be used on small to medium streams.

I think either would handle 99%+ of the trout you run into in PA just fine. Just recently bought the Pursuit in the same size you're looking at. As far as trout I've only caught one 8" stocker Brookie with it so far, but I did take it warmwater fishing and landed a couple 15" range Fallfish (which pull harder than an equal size trout IMO) with it with no problem. I was fishing it with 5wt line, but it threw small BH Buggers just fine too. Sure a 20"+ trout or big Smallie is gonna be a handful, but they will be on pretty much any rod below a 6wt or so.

They're both good rods for the price...the big difference in the two is the action. The CT is a legit medium rod, and the Pursuit is more on the lines of a med/fast IMO (although Redington calls it fast). I'd cast them and base my decision on which action I'd liked better...they'll hold up in a similar fashion to bigger fish.

Thanks for the input i was leaning towards a med action for dries since i have a three forks which is super stiff

Yep, the CT would probably be about what you're looking for then.

I have an 8' 6" 4 wt CT, it's an excellent trout rod. I caught a 21" rainbow on with this rod. The rod was fine for this size fish. On the other hand, my net was too small! I'm sure the 3 wt will be comperable. It's a great rod for the money.

congrats that must have been a nice fight

It was a great fight. The fish leaped a couple of times on the hookset and then headed down stream into the deep fast water. I was fishing 6x tippet so I had to finese it. I finally landed the fish about 30 yards down stream of where i hooked it. This fish made the day!

Attachments

• Rainbow web.jpg
    Rainbow web.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Rainbow web 2.jpg
    Rainbow web 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
Back