Redington Waders?

D

Dubtheflyfisher

Has anyone ever used the Redington sonic pro or the redington Palix river waders? In need of affordable waders that won't fall apart or spring a leak within the first 20 outings.

I had a pair of Palix rivers. There were decent and last me about 2 years of moderate use. I got a pair of LL Bean Kennebecs last year to replace them, and so far I'm really impressed.

I've had 5 pairs of Orvis waders over the last three years. They all leaked after a few outings. Orvis was very good about replacement, but it still became a hassle, and an even bigger hassle being wet everytime I fished.

This spring I bought a pair of LL Bean Breathable waders for around $200, and haven't been wet since. I just thought on Monday, Wow it's nice not to be wet, especially this time of year.

I didn't start fishing this year until the end of June due to a knee replacement, but I think I have used them over 20 times.

I just bought a pair of sonic pros and they seem well made. I've only used them 5 or 6 times so far. A friend of mine has a pair he has been using for about two years now. The cheapest place online I found them was at North Platte river fly shop. http://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/ You might find other deals this weekend.

KGStine wrote:
I've had 5 pairs of Orvis waders over the last three years. They all leaked after a few outings. Orvis was very good about replacement, but it still became a hassle, and an even bigger hassle being wet everytime I fished.

Same experience with the sonic welded pro guides. The seems in the crotch split very quickly, eventually got my money back from orvis. I don't know if the redington tech is the same as orvis but if so look somewhere else. Do remember all waders will leak, some just sooner than others.

Got a pair of Sonic Pros this year instead of Simms. They did just as good as any Simms pair I ever had and were pretty comfortable. Now my last trip I may have sprung a leak in a booty but it may have also been sweat. Need to figure that out actually.

ryansheehan wrote:
KGStine wrote:

Same experience with the sonic welded pro guides. The seems in the crotch split very quickly, eventually got my money back from orvis. I don't know if the redington tech is the same as orvis but if so look somewhere else. Do remember all waders will leak, some just sooner than others.

Love it when I re-read a post of mine and I have spelled seams, S-E-E-M-S!

LL BEAN

I picked up a set of the Redington Sonics at the Lancaster show last year from a NY based shop and have been very happy with them after a year of use. They had one small pinhole leak about mid-thigh that was easy enough to fix with a dab of Loon's UV repair stuff, very minor issue imo. Otherwise they've treated me well.

Back