Recommendations for a wearable camera?

salmonoid

salmonoid

I've been following the Fish 50/50 website and they are hawking the VieVu wearable camera, as the camera they are using. It seems to have the memory onboard, so the 1 or 4 hours of recording time, depending on camera model, is awful short, since my idea is to film entire outings, and the chances of me knowing just when to turn on the camera to record catching a memorable trout are slim to none; sometimes, you fish for a whole hour with nothing, and with my luck, at minute 61, after the camera memory runs out, I'd have a memorable trout hookup. So, to that end, anyone have an experience with or recommend a wearable camera or helmet cam, that takes decent quality video, is unobtrusive, and preferably waterproof? It should support removable media as well, to help remove recording time limitations, since SD cards are dirt cheap these days. Finally, although proprietary batteries will probably last longer, using readily available AA or AAA is preferrable, since I already have made the investment in them, and can throw a mess into a chest pack, instead of having to invest in three or four battery packs that only work in one piece of equipment.

Thanks,
Kevin

This is what I take with me.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1363

Paired with somthing like this:

http://www.rip101.com/product/Go-Pro-Camera-Chest-Mount-Harness-Black.aspx

The camera itself is abit heavy, but I love it. water and shock proof. takes excellent underwater pictures and decent underwater video. I have never attempted the harness I just found that on google. HAHA. You would have to find a universial one. This is the first one I found. It is pairs with their quick release camera. not the one I have.

If you are looking for real high quality video I wouldn't reconmend it though. It makes a nice little mpeg, but that's it.

Worked well snorkling in the ocean on my honeymoon as well.

Probably doesn't help much but I figured I throw my 2 cents in.

Back