Orvis Super Sonic Guide Wader

NickR

NickR

Purchased the Orvis Super Sonic Guide Wader about a month ago. This is the best wader that I have ever owned. I have owned Simm's, Dan Bailey, Hodgman, FroggToggs, Redington and more and none have come close to this Orvis wader. I gotta say Orvis has really stepped up their game with their waders. Looks like they are stepping up there game with the wading boots too. This wader isn't cheap but it does come at a better price point than some of their competitors with similar waders.

Nick,

What Orvis wading boots are you referring to? I may look into getting some new boots soon as my waders are still in decent shape so far. Still up in the air about the boots but any info on new choices is helpful. Thanks.

Orvis Pivot Boot Felt or Chota makes a nice boot too. The Chota STL felt with Studs is pretty hard to beat.

Orvis Pivot Boot Felt or Chota makes a nice boot too. The Chota STL felt with Studs is pretty hard to beat.

Over the years, Orvis has a great reputation for offering some of the finest fishing gear for the discriminate angler and rightfully so. However, in the recent past, outsourcing has paid its toll, evidence being poor quality and performance.
Orvis has been making some changes with respect to bringing back some of the manufacturing to the USA. Abel is now making the CFO reels. The high end rods are made in Vermont.
I remain optimistic about Orvis products and for the time being and with close scrutiny, I continue to give them consideration when looking for a fly fishing essentials.

Wasn't a big fan of previous generations of Orvis Waders (pro guide) myself. They weren't bad, just not impressive. My hands-on time with the Silver Sonic line has left me impressed.

Recently reviewed as well (not by me), with lots of positives.

http://www.hatchmag.com/articles/review-orvis-silver-sonic-guide-waders/7712331

Back