Nomad Boat Net

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

Currently in the market for a new net.
I do fish from a boat but also have a system that I can carry a large net while wading. Imo, as a big fish guy, a good net is one of your most useful tools.

I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger because of the price.
Anyone use these?
I imagine they last forever.
Thoughts from anyone that owns on?

They are sweet....and expensive. I have an ego 2 slider. It extends, kinda floats and was considerably less expensive. I bought a brodin net and lost it after netting 1 fish

Have not used the Nomad, but am in the market for a net as well. I think I'm going to go with the Rising net though. http://www.risingfish.net/product_detail/152/brookie-net. I talked with the owner, Dylan, a few weeks ago and asked if the thought about offering a screw on extension handle as an option and he said it is in the works and should be available in the next few months. Just thought I'd let you know. I think I will get the Brookie net and the extension for boat use or whenever I want the longer reach.

I got a Nomad last year. Fantastic net. They are expensive, but it's hands down the best net I've used. When wading I just stick the handle down behind my waist/sling pack like a samurai sword, and it's better stored that way than the smaller nets hanging and swinging about. Try to find one on sale at backcountry or mrfc.

Before you choose, take a look at McLean from NZ.

http://www.mcleanangling.co.nz/

Not cheap but been in business 30 years, tons of options, folding tri-nets (all I use), holsters to carry them folded, unbelievable quality.

Thanks guys

I agree a good net is essential but holy smokes that's a lot. Not sure what you get with that over any other net with a rubber bag for a hundred bucks less.

To me a good net is one that the fish and hooks don't get tangled in. Carbon fiber is of no benefit to me and not worth an extra buck fifty. I can understand your hesitation.

yes, I have a mid length , makes a damn nice wading staff too. Just don't drill a hole in it like I did to run paracord through. They are hollow. Paid $80 for mine few years ago.

I bought a Brodin several years ago on discount / closeout from mrfc paid 50.00. Its a nice net but tends to be heavier than Fishpond model my buddy has. I purchased a mid length Nomad which doubles as a boat net and a longer handled net when landing fish with 10 ft and longer rods (saves you from getting your rod too vertical when landing a fish and risking breakage). I feel its the better net of the two.

Back