Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

New Waders

From Pittsburgh, PA
Looking at three different pairs (one from each of my cost catagories, low, medium, and high). The orvis ones have Orvis' guarantee, the hodgman's actaully have LLBean's 100% satisfaction guarantee, as do the LLBeans. Don't know anything about these guarantees from experience, but I have heard they are both pretty good. Never had good waders. Are the more expensive ones worth the extra money? What are your thoughts?

Orvis Waders

LL Bean Waders

Hodgman Waders

Thanks,
jb

Posted on: 2008/3/18 21:31

Re: New Waders
From Dallastown, PA
A few months ago I was a pair of out of stock boots away from getting the hogemans you posted. But I would have had to wait for the boots so I kept looking and ended up with the pro guides (last years model for $199) I am happy with them but for the now price of $329...I'd have to go with the hodgemans. Like you said you have the LL Bean satisfaction guarantee.

I matched the Pro guides with Korker boots which I really like.

Posted on: 2008/3/18 21:43

here's my suggestions in order of preference:

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/produ ... CLOTHING_GEAR.MENS.WADERS

baileys light weights:

https://www.dan-bailey.com/Via/viaLaun ... itle=TITLE_VIAUSERDOCLIST

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/l2_stockingfoots.html

I have both patagonias (wademasters and lites) and the simms and hearing very good reports on the durablilty of the baileys.

i personally have had multiply bad expereinces with orvis waders from fit to quailty. Hogmans are junk (imo). Beans you can't you wrong with and top notch costumer service.

good luck, no matter which pair you chose they won't be your last.

Posted on: 2008/3/18 21:46

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I got a pair of Simms L2 waders on E-bay new for $155 after shipping about a month ago. I couldn't be happier with these waders. I've had two pair of cheap breathables that didn't last. I'm hoping for a little better longevity from this pair.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 0:23

From Greensburg, PA
If there is any left you still can't beat this deal:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_ch ... _id=12021&subcat_id=12022

I figure this link can be anbywhere near as long as Skilts so I didn;t encode!!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/3/19 8:32

From Enola, Pa.
I would have to go for the Dan bailey, they have been very good to me!

PaulG

Posted on: 2008/3/19 8:45

From Room 109
I say it every time- PATAGONIA is the only way to go.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 9:01

From Schwenksville
I just got a new pair last weekend. They are the Scierra CC3 waist highs. This is the 1st year they put out waders in the US. All their waders are $199. They appear to be build pretty soundly and have gotten good reviews. They have a layer of protective fabric from mid thigh down. This fabric isn't attached to the wader underneath, except at the top, so it will take the abuse before anything punctures the actual wader. I've had Hodgemans, junk, like Skil said, LL bean, Proline and Simms. The LL Beans held up ok. I'm very hard on waders so I'm anxious to see how the Scierra's hold up. I haven't gotten more than a season from any of the others except the Simms but I usually don't wear them as they are chest wader and I prefer waist highs.
Here is the link to their website. www.scierra.com

Posted on: 2008/3/19 9:29

From Harrisburg
I got the dan bailey lightweights and love them. I got them at the feathered hook in coburn. If you are near there I would suggest going and trying them on, great customer service at the feathered hook between Jim and Jonas. Anyone that has been there can confirm this.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 9:36

From Pittsburgh, PA
I found these for $155+ tax. If not these I'm gonna go with the LL Bean Emergers.

http://chotooutdoorgear.net/shop/prod ... Path=21_26&products_id=14

Posted on: 2008/3/19 21:42

here's a good deal on quality waders:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/2248,97439_Cloudveil-Crystal-Creek-Chest-Waders-Waterproof-Breathable-Gore-Tex-Stockingfoot-For-Big-Men.html

Posted on: 2008/3/21 11:52

From Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, I messed up the last link

Chota Waders

Posted on: 2008/3/22 10:19

From chambersburg
i have a pair of wright-mcgill brathables. used them for 6 years now without a problem. built in back support and they quickly change into waist highs by removing the straps. excellent waders.....

Posted on: 2008/3/23 0:10

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
i would be a little funny about ordering waders online. being they might not fit properly when you get them. i would rather try them on before i was to purchase them.

Posted on: 2008/3/23 12:33

From Lewistown
I bought my waders from cabelas online, but they have a list of measurements to double check yourself. I used my retractable trout tape measurer.

I have tried on the scierra's and they are awesome for $199. Little pricey for me though. But I needed a new set of waders, I 'd definately consider them. Hille's carries them and has them in stock to try on.

Posted on: 2008/3/23 19:55

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com