New (to me) rod and reel

auriemma

auriemma

I was looking for a reel to replace cheap one that came with a rig I bought. I found a Teton Tioga 4 on CL. This is from the Teton reel company that closed, not the newer TetonUSA.com. It was used very little, immaculate condition, spooled up, and still in its original velvet bag and box. He was asking $45. The seller mentions he is also selling an Orvis PM-10 844-2 (8'4", 4wt, 2 pc.) that he used with that reel. Again, used very little, immaculate, in its original sock and hard tube with brass end plate. Asking price, $95. After some research I found the rod is from 1993-98 and graphite. I did some casting in the front yard with them... Nice.

I got both for $110. How did I do?

auriemma wrote:
I was looking for a reel to replace cheap one that came with a rig I bought. I found a Teton Tioga 4 on CL. This is from the Teton reel company that closed, not the newer TetonUSA.com. It was used very little, immaculate condition, spooled up, and still in its original velvet bag and box. He was asking $45. The seller mentions he is also selling an Orvis PM-10 844-2 (8'4", 4wt, 2 pc.) that he used with that reel. Again, used very little, immaculate, in its original sock and hard tube with brass end plate. Asking price, $95. After some research I found the rod is from 1993-98 and graphite. I did some casting in the front yard with them... Nice.

I got both for $110. How did I do?

Since it casts well for you....you did GREAT!

Good luck with you new rig, Joe.

Sounds good to me. I like the older Teton reels.

I don't think there is anything better than getting a new outfit that really fits you. Congrats and enjoy the hell out of it.

Rolf

I got go play with the new rig on Saturday. The Tioga 4 was spooled up with WT4WF (from the previous owner). The PM-10 casts very well for an older medium flex rod, very smooth. It shoots line easily. Decent sensitivity. The Tioga drag takes some getting used too, and it felt a little heavy for the rod, I may swap it out with the Access MA II from my Loomis and see how that feels. All in all, I like them both.

Back