NEW! Simms® OceanTek™ Wading Boots

mutzinbaugh

mutzinbaugh

anyone tried these boots yet? not sure but looks like they were designed for salt water and not for freshwater trout but still might work? your thoughts? obviously no one could speak for longevity of the product since they are "new".

mutzinbaugh wrote:
not sure but looks like they were designed for salt water and not for freshwater trout but still might work? your thoughts?

it more than looks like they were designed for salt water. THEY ARE CALLED OCEANTEK!!! what are your questions?

30 seconds with the Internet and this new thing called "google" let me learn they don't have drain holes, which pretty much means they're stupid boots.

BTW, if you haven't used the google, can I suggest using a search engine to learn how it works. Its pretty astounding, really.

How do the boots work?

You put them on your feet and walk in them?

I'm guessing it's merely made of materials which stand up to the salt better. Regular wading boots, the eyelits and so forth can rust, and saltwater can accelerate the breakdown of the uppers and so forth.

ok, I knew that I was going to get slammed on this one after clicking submit.

I was just wondering if one of you guys bought them and had a review as I could not find any reviews yet. there was a hot chick on you tube describing the new boot although she didn't look like she used them.

gfen, do you have the step by step tutorial on how to research this on google....i saw your link on another post a couple of weeks ago that made me laugh.

The OceanTek is a saltwater version of the Rivershed. Put some studs in them and you will be fine. I've been using the Riversheds for many years without any issues.

Back