Martin Multiplier 72SR Reel

D

done707

Hi Gang,

I have had the above, new in the box reel for a while. The reason its still in the box is that I'm not sure what its purpose is. I know, "fishing" I mean how should it be applied, what type of rod, line wt ? Is it in fact a fly reel? Would this reel be suitable for a 8 or 9 wt rod. The reel seems heavy enough for most any wt. rod or line.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mick

Mick,

Looks like it would work fine on an 8 or 9 weight rod.

Product Description
Martin Multiplier 72SR Fly Reel. The Martin Multiplier 72SR Fly Reel boasts an exclusive 360 Degree floating disk drag system, and comes with additional star drag for use with monofilament. More details: Multiple action with high-speed 3:1 retrieve; High-strength aluminum alloy spool, back and gear case; Stamped reel foot and twin stainless steel line guides for right / left hand use; Right and left adjustable retrieve; Compression drag for large fish; Line capacity... 100 yds. 20-lb. backing, 30 yds. WF8F Weighs 9 1/2 ozs.

from link to amazon posting

The Martin Multiplier 72SR is a reproduction of the older Peerless reels. The Martin's are built pretty well for a Martin and would look real good on a bamboo rod. Multiplier reels pick up more line at a time then a traditional fly reel.
John

Back