Looking for a raft? Lehigh or Yough anglers

krayfish2

krayfish2

While fishing last fall, had to do an emergency repair on my boat. Since my hands were wet / cold, I dropped my boat while loading it on the trailer and put an big gash in my Scadden pontoon. We did an emergency patch that lasted the remainder of the trip but when I got it out for bass trip in September, it was no longer holding air. Emergency patch on top on an emergency patch job also failed.

Since I was heading to Whitehaven for Lehigh River meeting, I contacted one of the rafting companies to see if they'd remove my mess and install a quality patch job. "Bring it on in"

While chatting with the guy, he mentioned that he's flipping inventory and getting rid of the older rafts and replacing them with new ones for 2016. His inventory will change over the next 2 months or so as he picks through their rental fleet.

The boat pictured is $200. Yes, it's scuffed, beat, painted and patched...... but it holds air and will get you down the river safely. It would be a good starter craft and much cheaper than a new quality pontoon, new raft or fishing kayak. They have huge D rings and will accept a rowers frame. The boats are 11' - 13'. Some are PVC and some are Hypalon. He blew it up for me and I sat in it. You could easily build platforms for front angler, rower and rear cargo section.
If you've ever priced a raft, they can be quite costly ($750 and can exceed $5000 for a nice self bailer). Thought I'd post this just in case someone might have interest. PM me if you'd want the name of the rafting company, office number and contact person.

Attachments

• raft.jpg
    raft.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 38
Back