Legend Ultra vs. Legend Elite

StudentofTheStream

StudentofTheStream

I was wondering if any of you guys have either of these rods. Cabelas is having a sale on the Legend Elite which I don't have any experience with. I had cast a St. Croix rod that I hated when I was younger so just discounted their products (which is silly of course) Given this sale I was debating an Elite. Any feedback on these?

I have a 9ft 6wt legend ultra that I love. Great rod for Penns.

Last sat it landed a 8.5lb steelhead in Ny on 4x tippet. That was a good fight! I wish there would have been somebody filming it.

My wife was using my 9wt so I got the little rod. But it handled it perfectly.

SOS, it's a nice rod that's pretty fast. What weight/length and what type of fishing do you plan to do with it?

I have a few Legend Ultra's and love them I have looked at the new Legend Elite after a friend of mine got one it is a great rod for the money however, as stated above it is very fast. IMO the legend Ultra is one of the best rods for the money. The Elite and Ultra have much different action in IMO so cast them bought side by side first. If you have any other question feel free to send me a PM.
Justin

Afish,

well i was kicking around a 9ft 5 but if it's super fast i don't know that i'll go that route. a fast 8wt for salt would be nice though.

i may have some thinking to do as to what i actually need/want.

I have a Legend Ultra 9ft 4wt - it is a very nice rod and has become my go to rod for most of my fishing.

I would also suggest casting the rods with different line wts . Overlining the rod might give it the feel you are looking for. It also depends on the distance you are casting. If you like me very rarely cast over 20 ft then overlining might be the ticket.

I have a 9ft 5wt Legend Ultra and I love it. Great to cast.

Back