Hardy Classic Flyweight rod

M

MBJRL

Anyone own a Hardy Classic Flyweight 6' 2wt
What do you think of it? I think I need/want/////need one.
Man it looks like a fun rod!

I own the 7' 3wt version.

It's very good at what it was designed to do, I would think that if you wanted to do anything but a unweighted wet fly or a dry fly that teh 6' 2wt version would border on useless.

I'm a Glass Guy and was looking at the Hardy ALN 5' 2wt. I saw the shootout results on 2wts and the Classic beat the ALN.
I'm just looking for a little rod to fish minnows and blue gill when things get slow.
I sold all my graphite but my 10' 3 wt orig streamflex.
I never knew of the flyweight rod till Thursday and I'm a fan of Hardy.

Its not fiberglass, that's a different Hardy line. The brick red coloured Hardy rods are graphite.

Correct, I did know that the rod wasn't glass and looking back at my comment it sure sounded like I was thinking it was.

I can only find a few shops that have the classic lightweight rods but none with a 2 wt.

As you said, not a very useful rod so I doubt I find one new.

I own one of the 3wt 5'9" CGRs from Cabela's which is too willowly to cash any other than a single smallish dry fly or simple wet, but it was cheap and might suffice if you want something that short.

I have several 3s.............. I did wiggle a featherweight at Field and Stream a few hours ago.Nice looking rod,love the color and the packaging.

Sending you a PM

I read PMs about as often as I answer the phone.

Where did you see a 2 Wt shootout, MBJRL?
Thanks, would like to read that.
Mike B

Mike.B The shootout was on flyfishohio 3-5 years ago, you can Google it.
I was looking for info on the Hardy Aln

I'd say any fly rod under 6'6" is a novelty.

ratgunner wrote:
I'd say any fly rod under 6'6" is a novelty.
Looking at your screen-name, are you a highpower shooter? See my last post here: http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/Open-Forums/Gear-Talk/2-wt-small-stream-length-recommendation----NEPA/3,37057,538131.html#forumpost538131

(Somewhat on topic, LOL...)
Mike B

MBJRL wrote:
Mike.B The shootout was on flyfishohio 3-5 years ago, you can Google it.
I was looking for info on the Hardy Aln

Found it, MB,
signed,
another MB.

Back