Floro tippet material

P

paflyfisherman

Looking for opinions regarding your floro tippet material of choice. Ive decided to make the switch this year and welcome your opinions.

There may be 100 threads on that subject. Use the search function and you will find all kinds of opinions/posts. Just search with various spellings because a lot of people get it wrong. Fluorocarbon, most frequently abbreviated fluoro.

My opinion: Too stiff and dense for dry flies. Decent for underwater work, good for streamers and such where drag isn't an issue but abrasion is.

I bought some Trilene "100% Fluorocarbon" in 4# because I won't spend the stupid money FC tippet costs.

It worked good enough, but I don't know where I put the spool so I've run out and haven't been bothered to buy more.

Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon Fishing Line Test: 6 lb.
by Seaguar 200 yds. for $17 also a 4 pd-any one try this ?
Seaguar for salt water leader is the best-
Might be good for fly fishing tippets.Price is right-lol

Orvis Max-knot

One of the main reasons why I don't like it is that it will not break down over time like mono will.

Rio fluroflex and froghair are good

Mono for me.

x2 on the flouro not breaking down overtime and being too stiff.

IMO it's too pricey for the overall small benefits.

Regular Frog Hair is a copolymer, not a fluoro. Thats a common misconception. I didn't realize Frog Hair even made a fluoro, but I guess they do, it's called Frog Hair FC. Never tried it or even seen it.

Of the FC's, I like Seaguar Grand Max. I use it on steelhead, but thats about it.

i love rio flouro but not the price, so my local shop carries this stuff for 8 bucks called beartooth and I have had no problems w. it.

Back