Fenwick

wetnet

wetnet

Not sure any of you still use Fenwick fly rods but I have to tell you that we just got a call on a fenwick rod we sent for repair. It cost us a whole $9.99 (S&H) to have the rod repaired under their warranty program and shipped and they did it fast. A very old lifetime warranty rod. Too bad they seem to be shifting to the bass fishing rods and only have a few fly rods that they market. Great service!! Thanks Fenwick!

Also the same from Targus, another broken rod. Also great service. I broke the Fenwick, not the Targus and it was broken on a really big fish at the net. Both Fenwick and Targus gave us a personal nice phone call that the rods were being shipped back. :)

Sage is a 3rd story. $50.00 under warranty to fix their rods. Sent 2 tips back for one rod model and one for a second model, all due to eyelet problems. Bent, slipping etc. Not due to neglect but Sage needs to do something with their eyelets. Great rods, not happy with the eyelets. The nice people at Sage say they would repair them for free. Sent the rods out but haven't heard from them yet so we'll see. The Sage rods were treated like babies.

All of these rods were used hard. Everyone has served its purpose well. Just reflecting a companies warranty. Send in all warranty cards...Do not forget!! Also an entertaining story as to how you broke said rod will often get you far! :)

These rods like I said were used hard all of them. So far all of the companies have supported their product but before you buy check out the warranty. Some are very pricey. Still can't believe Fenwick fixed that old rod for $9.99. I should send them a bagel basket!!!

It's a good thing to have competition! All the rod companies know that thier rod repair could be the difference between gaining customers and loosing them.
I had Orvis even give me a loaner rod for a striper trip once.

there's nothing like a fenwick fiberglass rod.i think fiberglass was the fenwick strong point.too bad so many have gone to fast action graphite,kind of missing the point of fly fishing.

i always thought sage fixed their rods for free?

I have a Fenwick rod 6wt, that I got many years ago, dont even remember how long ago I got it. Any way after many years of using it I broke it in the car door.

I sent it back to see if they could fix it, even told them how I broke it. I was shocked when they sent me a new rod, after all those years. Pretty darn good services!

PaulG

I fish almost exclusively my Fenwick FF79. it's an 8' 6wt. I like it because it is both powerful and graceful at the same time. Great dry fly rod. I put some monster browns on that rod this year(Cicada).

Got both the Fenwicks back today. They didn't fix them they replaced them with new rods.

The old brown Fenwick glass rods were excellent fishing instruments.
In the days just before the major graphite explosion (say early 70's), Fenwick glass was pretty much the highest quality rod you could buy among the high-volume retail choices.

I have an FF605 that's just a beautiful little rod. I take it out about once a year just because it deserves it..

What's with Fenwick anyway? They don't seem to produce allot of fly rods anymore. They seem to be going into the bass comp rods lately. Both rods we sent out were replaced. The shorter what do you call them? Little short spin rod ultra light like the ugly stick is really sweet!!! The fly rod replacement is nice. A fast action tip flex from what I can tell. Feels a bit like a noodle but not bad. My husband that is used to the older Fenwick thinks it's sweet. I'm afraid to try it out. Don't want to break it. I'll say a couple of prayers and sneak it away anyway to give it an honest go. Gosh they were fast and the rods were and will be appreciated. Way to go Fenwick! Great Company!

The flea!

i was missoula mont and fishing in a drift boat and the guy that was fishing with me our rods hit splintering the end of my loomis stream dance, fortunatley the guide had a spare rod with him, but he made numerous calls to loomis asking them if they could have a local fly shop replace my rod for me ,their response was no, that i had to use their expidite program(replacement is free if its a deficiency and 50.00$ if broken by accident )and send my rod back to them, i was disappointed and with the amount of fly shops in the area i felt they should have helped

sundrunk and valley,i envy you guys for those glass rods.i fish fiberglass just as much as bamboo nowdays.

some say the FF79 is the best all round and dry fly rod of all time.

and an FF605(6 foot five weight)is something i'd love to try on valley creek.

this is good to hear, my first fly rod was a Fenwick GLC from about 15 years ago and i broke it last year. I also have a newer HMG where the reel seat is coming unglued. I'm sure i can fix that but i'm gonna send both of them back.

jeff

Yeah, that FF79 is Bitchin'!!!

Just got the rod back from Targus. The same as Fenwick they replaced the rod with a new one. Way to go Targus!! I know it sounds like we beat up our rods but with the exception of the Fenwick's no harm was done due to neglect with maybe the exception of the Sage rod by not drying off hands before disassembling it. My sons hands were wet and they slipped down and broke the guide. The Fenwicks I just was stupid and was racing my son to the creek and didn't seat the tip properly. I told the truth, I basically casted the tip into the stream. I owe them a sloppy big thank you note. The other Fenwick my son caught a fish bigger than the rod had any business holding and he broke the tip. ( This was years ago) The Targus broke catching a 4-5 lb rainbow at the net. So far so good. Waiting to hear from Sage. So far the only rod safe and sound has been the G.Loomis. Hasn't seen the most use to be fair. My Orvis has been safe and sound as well. We should document failures and how they happen being truthful of course so the guys that design them can build the ultimate rod. Great responses from all the manufacturers so far! :)

Received the Sage Rods back today. So far all the companies get 2 thumbs up!! Nice to know companies support their products. We are very pleased. Can't wait to get out there and break them all over again..........JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Back