Echo Rods

giantsjim

giantsjim

Bought a mid level 8' 4 piece Echo rod from Yellow Breeches a few years ago, can't recall the model right now, but broke the tip recently and sent it back to Echo for repair/replacement. They just sent me back an Echo Carbon as replacement. Was wondering if any of you have experience with this model? I liked my old rod, this one feels lighter and well balanced. Have not had it on the water just yet. Maybe next weekend if temps subside. Thanks.

All I can tell you about the Carbon is that the price tag is in the $170 range and reviews of the rod have it as a medium action. Some loved it while others were disappointed because they were expecting a faster action rod.

I bought a 9' 5 weight echo carbon rod over the winter, and I'm really happy with it. Very light - and I think the action is great for drys.
Also like how the ferrules are marked - makes for quick aligning when putting it together.
I'd be surprised if there's a better rod out there in this price range.
Especially one with a lifetime warranty

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to getting on the water soon to test it out. It is a 4 weight and I throw dries whenever possible. Glad to hear your opinion that it works well for fishing on top. And I was really happy with the service from Rajeff Sports. For $35, they gave me a new rod from my mistake of breaking the tip putting it into my car. I would absolutely recommend them going forward.

I had the echo classic 8wt 9ft. I broke it once and they replaced/repaired it. I broke it again and they sent me a new Ion. I like it much better than the old classic and it's a lot lighter. Agree about the service, very good.

I own a carbon as well (9'5wt) I would echo it's competitive price point, medium action, and good balance with my Lamson Konic. I find it to be a great all around trout rod for the kinds of waters I fish.

I own a carbon as well (9'5wt) I would echo it's competitive price point, medium action, and good balance with my Lamson Konic. I find it to be a great all around trout rod for the kinds of waters I fish.

My friend just got into flyfishing and bought an echo carbon. he let me cast it a couple of times and i really like it. I have a 4wt echo III myself and find it to be well worth the money. overall im very impressed with the company.

Got to use it yesterday, Friday morning. On the water before 6 AM and caught double digits on tricos and caddis. Largest broke off as I was bringing him in. Best to hand was 13". Like the rod so far but needs more testing. :)

Back