Douglas rods

T

tracker12

I was looking for a 10' 4 or 5wt and I was recommended a rod from Douglas Never heard of them before. Anyone with experience that can comment would be appropriated.

Douglas Outdoors is a relatively new company based in upstate NY. Their rods have been very well received and reviewed, particularly the Sky, DFX and Upstream series. Sky won the 2016 Yellowstone 6wt Shootout and DFX won best mid price in 2016 5wt shootout. I have the Sky 6wt and my daughter has the the Sky 5wt. I like both better than my Helios 2 5 and 6wts. Rods are designed in NY and manufactured in Korea, but company is building a manufacturing facility in NY which should be online by end of this year. High quality products which I can unreservedly recommend. If you can test cast them, do so.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Guess I'll take a closer look at them.

I would like to get an upstream plus 9 foot 4 wt but im going to wait until they are built in the good old USA.

They are owned by the people who own the Douglaston Salmon Run (the NY equivalent of the Beav).

For me, no go out of principle but they are supposedly decent rods.

moon1284 wrote:
They are owned by the people who own the Douglaston Salmon Run (the NY equivalent of the Beav).

For me, no go out of principle but they are supposedly decent rods.

Not quite that bad. 75 bucks for a day. It is worth it IMO.

As bad or worse. They don't even stock their own fish.

Haven't fished sr in a while but even when it was 20 bucks per day I never fished it and never regretted not fishing it.

Back