Donating Gear

Tigereye

Tigereye

I have a bunch of obsolete spinning rods and reels (UL thru Med action) I would like to donate to a good cause, especially to kids or handicapped. All are in working condition. I will put new line on them, and pay shipping.

Any one know of any organizations or programs that accept these donations?

Thanks.

I hope this is ok to post on a Fly Fishing Forum...If not Mods please feel free to delete.

Thanks
Tiger

Check with the DAV maybe?

Lots of retired veterans enjoy spending time sitting beside a stream.

Or check with your local VA hospital. They might be able to use them for their resident patients. I know the Pgh VA facility takes guys out fishing.

Either way, great gesture and good luck finding a worthy cause to donate them to!

Local TU or Healing Waters program?

Hook up with the wounded warriors program. Believe there's a couple of guys on here that work with them

Most thrift shops would happily take them. I've done that with fishing equipment several times. Nice going in helping out with the donation & the new line too! I also put new line on the reels, and attached a note that I had done that and the date. They were grateful for the donations, they usually benefit hospitals, pregnancy centers, etc

This turned out to be harder than I thought. Contacted 2 places in Jersey and 1 in PA. No response. Local Salvation Army was glad to have them. Not a direct link to fisherpersons, but hopefully someone gets them at a good price, I know Sally puts profit to good use.

Back