Clip on magnification lense; don't catch yourself on fire....

P

PoconoMountainRods

I recently starting needing bi-focals in my reading glasses but they have not been too good for me when it comes time to tie on a fly.

So I got a pair of clip on magnifiers; cheeter eyes which I clip to the brim of my cap; cool thing, leader looks like a log that I am feeding through the hook's eye.

Never did I think to fold them under the brim of my cap.

So as I am gearing down and getting ready to go home; I noticed that my new Gortex Wading Jacket has some burn holes in it. The jacket looked like someone just outened a smoke on it. I could not figure it out until I was standing ther in the sun and I felt my chest warming up; I was burning a hole in my tee shirt.

Ends up I got those little clusters of burns in my Gortex jacket from those darn magnification clip ons.

Thought I'd share my stupidity with you, who would have thought.

Good think I was not wearing some highly flamable 70's garb or I would have needed to take a quick swim to outen myself. :-o

Tim

It's not just 70's garb that is flammable. That polartec stuff burns like paper and sticks like nepalm. Be careful with it if you do smoke or if you are near a flame with that stuff on.

Back