Cabelas Gold Medal Wading Boots

Swattie87

Swattie87

Gold Medal Wading Boots

I know they're fairly new, but anybody have any experience with these? My father in law is in the market for wading boots and likes the look of these. I agree they look like a good combination of grip (with metal studs) and comfort. I bought wading boots fairly recently, but wish these were out when I made the purchase. I like that they're a little lower cut around the ankle as my current pair isn't very flexible around the ankle and creates an uncomfortable rub.

I know the best advice would be for him to run up to Cabelas and try them on, but that's a 2.5 hour drive for him. He'll probably end up ordering a couple sizes and then sending the others back, but if anyone has them, how do they run size wise? My general experience with Cabelas wading boots is you need to go one size larger than you wear in your street shoes. Does that hold up for these? Thanks gang.

I go up 1 to 2 sizes, with choatas i go up 1 size, with sims i may go up 2 sizes. You have to allow for your heavy socks and neopren booties on your wader. I never order boots online. I always try them on with a h/d sock and my wader booties. Years ago i stopped at a store and bought a pair of boots with out trying them on, never again, they made life nasty.

Apparently these are popular...my FIL just tried to order them...backordered until December! Store in Hamburg is out too.

No one on here has them, really?

Back