Cabela's bigtime sale on CGR rods

PocketWater

PocketWater

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-CGR-FLY-RODS/1873450.uts

I just picked up the 6' 6 " 4 weight and an on sale Redington Drift 3/4 reel. Great deal for 135 bucks total

Awesome sale....I grabbed the 7'6" 5/6 for light bass. ALready had the 7' 4/5 and LOVE it.

I can't say enough about the value of these rods. And perhaps 90% or greater posts I see on forums agree.

All my sticks are Cabela's and I couldn't be happier with them. Solid performance with a 25 year warranty.

5'9" 3wt
got mine when the sale was at 51.00 for them. added a china made ant reel and a china made line wtf3wt. so its a complete setup made in china. did order a barrio line to try on it too.

On sale right now for 51.99

I was at Cabelas yesterday. I was hoping to check one of these out, but as usual, they didnt have what I wanted in stock.

How do these compare the the Eagle Claw Featherlights?

Im looking for a new bass rod and wanted to pick either either a Featherlight or a CGR. I have the 3/4w Featherlight and love it for small stream fishing.

In Hamburg? They are all in stock...right next to the aquarium outside of the fly shop. They are really nice rods and very similar to the Featherlight only a little smoother. At the price they are today online, they are probably the best deal out there on glass rods going with bang for buck.

Wheeling WV. They never seem to have anything in stock there

yo steveo - will your store handle the Cabela option to order on line and pick up at the store (saves shipping). If you don't like it, you can return it there.

Ive done that with other gear. I may have to give one of these a go.

steveo27 wrote:
I was at Cabelas yesterday. I was hoping to check one of these out, but as usual, they didnt have what I wanted in stock.

Im looking for a new bass rod and wanted to pick either either a Featherlight or a CGR. I have the 3/4w Featherlight and love it for small stream fishing.

People rave about the 7/8 weight CGR on the fiberglass flyrodders forum.

Wheeling Cabela's Fly Shop really pushes Cabela's rods. If you ask a question pertaining to other rods they seem with my experience to have difficultly answering them. Nothing wrong with Cabela's rods tho.

I ordered the 2wt the Friday before Christmas and it was sitting on my doorstep Christmas Eve. Feels great. Can't wait to get it set up and go chase some brookies. I got a Hydros 2wt reel when it was half off a while back and can't wait to see how they pair up.

I bought the 7' 4/5 wt on clearance at cabelas, and really enjoy this rod. It's my first glass rod too, and I'm really diggin the action on this puppy. I plan to break it in well at the spring jam!

J55tyger88, welcome to the "dark side"!

Most reviews would rate them better than Feather lights in every way other than price. That's not to bash the Eagle Claws, as they do have a place and are a nice rod for their very inexpensive cost, and the 3/4 you have is what some people say is the best of their line.

Back