Cabela's LST Rod?

S

shultzy501

Cabela's is having a great sale on fly rods and I'm working on my wife for an early buy for a Christmas gift. Anybody know anything about the Cabela's LST Rod 9' 5 weight? It's now on sale for $100. Seems like a good price.

One of my fishing buddies wanted a 9' 4wt rod for nymph fishing on a trip we took two years ago. He bought a 9' 4wt LST without even casting it. This guy knows fly rods, as he used to work for a custom rod building company, and he also teaches the rod building classes at the local fly shop.

He brought 4 rods along on the trip and never even had a rod other than the LST out of the case - he loved it! I couldn't tell you how it casted though - when I asked him if I could cast it, he just laughed at me. :( For a hundred bucks, I doubt you could go wrong on this one......

Shultzy

I got a 6w last year, but after the lousy year I had, I never did get to us it. I have cast it a few time and it worked just fine for me.

At that price go for it!

PaulG

I wish they'd have been that cheap a few months ago when I got my rod. Had to get something else. Those would have been my first choice.

Shultzy,

If I knew you wanted that rod last week from Cabela's, I could have gotten it for you at employee pricing - usually 25%+ off. My wife works for a major tackle manufacturer, and they give her employee pricing a few times a year.

I shook a few of their rods at the store, and they seem pretty decent. I checked Cabela's and don't see the LST on sale right now.

Cabela's Sale

Cabela's LST

Looks like the sale is over. It was there yesterday and now its gone. My recollection was that the 2-piece rods were on sale and the 4-piece rods were not.

Yeah - I just looked online and the sale disappeared. It was there yesterday. I'll call them and see if they'll still give me the sale price.

Good customer service - they gave me the sale price of $100. With my Cabela's points credit card, it came to $78 plus tax and shipping. I'm not crazy about not casting it first and I was going to wait until Christmas, but can't beat that price for a rod normally priced at $175.

I've got an LST 6 weight. It has a softer action than my TFO 6 weight so I use it for dropper rigs to reduce the tangles.

Back