Broken Rod

H

Hodge36

I had bought a brand new sage rod and on the first trip with it i broke the tip off. I broke about an inch and a half, i have the original piece is there anyway i can fix this if so whats the best way? thanks

send it back ! u don't want an extra "sleeve" on the end of your rod , send the whole rod back to sage and be done with it !

Agreed, send it back to Sage and let them fix it right. Alternatively, if you bought it at a local fly shop and have good relations with them, you may want to consider taking it back to the shop. Sometimes they will help you out and just may if the rod is brand new.

Good luck.

I agree, the most it will probably cost is 25 dollars and more than likely they will send you a new rod.

Joe E

I don't know sage, but St croix and Orvis will both fix or replace and you basically cover shipping.

Send it back for repair. I definitely would not fix it "myself" if it's brand new.

You can print the form you send with the rod out, it is on the sage website, I think it is fifty dollars now to get it fixed. I have broken mine several times and found this is the quickest way to get it repaired and back to me.

Back