Broken Cabela's Rod Tip

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

If I take my three forks rod up to Cabela's do you think they'd give me a new one ? I don't think I have the receipt but come on it's a Cabela's rod.

Bass Pro replaced a broken rod for me once.

I'm planning on making a fall trip up there anyway I'm a few weeks. I can't stay away from that place for a whole year at a time.

Depends how long ago you bought it, and if you still have the receipt. They have really become strict with their return policy.

I believe the three forks is a 1 yr warranty with reciept.....Like becker said, they have tightened up on replacing rods. Even their flagship rod is only a 25yr warranty.

That's one of the great things about LL Bean is they keep all your purchases on your online log in. So there's always record of your purchases even without receipt.

No harm in trying no matter what. I have busted a few rods and all have been taken care of. If you don't get the answer you're looking for, then walk around for a little bit and ask another employee lol.

Broke the tip on my Cabelas Prestige rod I had received for Christmas while fishing on the Little Lehigh a couple of months ago.

Drove over to the Cabelas store and they replaced it on the spot. Without any receipt. I have to say I received great customer service from them.

Good Luck!

I had a pretty terrible experience with Cabelas. I was gifted a rod, and the tip was broken. I took it to a Cabelas store and they offered me $50. The original owner of the rod, a fellow board member, called and raised hell and they said they'd reimburse me the other $75 once they found the receipt on file.

...I never saw the money. Even if they say no, keep pushing. You might get lucky. Or you'll have a pleasant experience. But if it seems like they aren't willing to work with you, keep pushing. It is a Cabela's rod after all.

I obviously didn't need a 9' rod anyway.

I think 8' 6" will be just fine :lol:

I already have a TfO that I've made several repairs to and it has fished just fine for me. It has some character. Two of the guides were repaired a few years ago and I used brown wraps instead of green. I'm quite happy just for the fact it has held up using thread and head cement to fix them. It also has a broken tip and is a few inches shorter.

My other two rods are thankfully still in original condition.

Back