Best thermos

A

AFISHN

Want to buy a 2 cup thermos for hunting n fishing.
Most important feature:keep things hot.
Any recommendations?

I have the old style stainless steel thermos and I pour boiled water in first and let it sit for 5-10 minutes then drain and add hot beverage. The pre-heating keeps the coffee piping hot for 8 hours or more.

^ This. Preheating, or cooling for that matter, is everything.

10 best thermoses
https://www.ezvid.com/top-ten-thermoses#four

Thermos brand and what Jack said. I had one that would keep the coffee hot for 2days if you didn't' leave it opened.

Thermos brand, screw top. Yeah, it'll keep stuff warm for days.

Just don't do what I did once. Thought hot chicken noodle soup sounded like a good idea when hunting. But, umm, forgot that pasta soaks up water. When I opened it up, it was plenty hot, but was just pretty much a ball of huge, soft noodle, no broth left.

I'd recommend anything from Hydro Flask. They'll keep ice in NM for 24 hours and keep stuff hot enough to burn your mouth hours later.

Here is their main site: http://www.hydroflask.com/hydration

Their growlers are absolutely awesome.

I just bought a Thermos brand 24 ounce food jar. Haven't tested it out yet.

I have used various brands and they all pretty much keep things hot/cold for the same amount of time. All thermoses lose their effectiveness after cracking the seal the first time. With that in mind I limit my thermos size to the amount of beverage or soup that I will drink at one time.

I have a Klean Canteen 16oz with a screw top lid (as well as the Cafe Lid). It keeps coffee hot all day. I think most will. The 16oz size fits well in most pack water bottle pockets. Hydro Flasks are great too.

I tend to go with Thermos, though when in doubt, always purchase one that is stainless that has significant weight.

On a slightly related note, has anyone used that coffee mug from Yeti? It sounds unique, yet the top is plastic and has a hole in it. Thoughts?

TC

I agree with What Jack said. Stainless steel is the way to go.

I bought one for my wife to take her tea to work and she actually complained to me that it was too hot to drink by the time she got to work in the morning and by lunchtime it was still too hot. LOL

TC, I have both sizes of the Yeti rambler, and they work like magic. As much as I want to know how they work, some mysteries are best left alone. But seriously, mine sit in my truck all day in the summer, and they still have ice left hours later. Also, they are for keeping things cold, not hot.

The yeti tumbler is awesome. I use mine for ice water and concur with SteveG. It will keep ice water all day in a hot car. I don't use it for coffee since I need something the seals shut or I will make a mess

As much as I want to know how they work, some mysteries are best left alone.

Umm. Vacuums don't conduct heat? It's kind of how all quality thermos's work. Cheapo's usually aren't air-tight so they fill them with some sort of foam. But anything of any real quality will have a double walled vacuum.

That was my attempt at humor.

I have the trusty old green Stanley thermos that was my grandfather's. Keeps soup and coffee warm all day

I drink a thermos of coffee a day. During the cold months, I prefer my glass lined Thermos. I keep a backup in the cupboard in case I break mine. (on average, I break 1 thermos a year.)
Yes, glass lined types are fragile but it keeps my coffee much hotter through the day compared to my old steel thermos. I hate cold coffee.

Back