Any good wader deals?

jayL

jayL

I've been getting the dreaded timeouts when I look through the archives, so I'll just ask.

Spring creek earned its name last saturday, since I sprung a damn leak in my waders. They are just a cheapie $100 cabela's pair. I got two seasons out of them, year round fishing, hiking, and bushwhacking. I have no complaints, but I think it's time to upgrade.

I am very hard on waders. I walk through brush, keep them in the trunk of the car, and hardly wash them. I'm hard on my gear, and I don't have the room to store them inside without stinking a small apartment up. Due to this, I'm skeptical about spending big money on a pair.

Anyone seeing any good deals out there? Any recommendations?

I'm uneasy about buying online. I feel like I'm pretty standard size, but my feet (size 12) tend not to fit in waders that fit my body size well. I'd rather try em on first, but if the deal is that good, I'll order online.

Looking to keep it under $200.

Thanks

JayL- I have never seen a review on these:

Stearns 3-in-1 Breathable waders on Cabelas in their bargin cave section. Botherson no foot sizes listed. ???

or these also in the bargin cave

Cabela's Premium Dry-Plus® Breathable Stockingfoot Waders - Regular
Reg Price:
$129.99

or EBAY

Thanks paul.

I think I have the second pair now. I forget what the exact model is, so I could be wrong.

I'm considering ebay, just not sure how they'll fit. With gas at $4 a gallon, if I go to cabela's or a fly shop, I'm going to be leaving with a pair. Because of that, I can't go try them on before I buy online.

I'll probably head up there and scope the bargain cave out in person. If there isn't anything amazing, I'll just pay full price for something decent.

Keep the suggestions coming... I won't be heading up there until sometime next week.

jayL, check out... seirratradingpost.com....i know you said you didn`t care to shop online , they have reddington ,albright, and cloudveil waders at a decent price...

Jay, I have the 60-70 dollar pair of breathables from Basspro, and I, like you, beat the crap out of them. My new pair has a small leak in the butt from sitting on a log with a pointy branch sticking out, but my first pair didn't get leaky for almost three years, and I fish some very, very brushy streams and was fishing 5-6 days a week the first year I had them. I have the XL size and they fit me perfectly with size 12 wading boots on, which I think are exactly the same as yours. I think I'm slightly taller than you, but I don't think by much, so size should be allright. Maybe you could pick a pair up when we hit Clarks. :-D

Boyer

PS: Check you PM's

Dan Baily lightweight breathable $199.95 or Dan Baily barebones breathables $129.95.

jay

5 wks ago i bought a pair of the orvis pro guide 3 wader that were discontinued from last year for about $200 with shipping, they are normally about $400. they have a lifetime guarentee and they are nice. call them or a local shop and if they have them in the system, they can get them for you, because mine did not come from the main store but some outlet in another part of the country. called on a monday before opening day of trout and had them by thursday for the trip.

Riz,

Good idea. I checked the orvis site, and they only have very small and very large sizes. I'll call an orvis shop to see what's out there.

Good stuff guys. I'm exploring all of the options.

jayL,

I second the Stearns. I'm in my third year and the only problem I have is that I wear out the stocking foot. Under a $100 and worth it. Got mine at Seirra Tading Post.

JH

DBs for $150

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=48544

I too am in need of some new waders. While browsing this thread and shopping the various suggestions, it became evident to me that maybe Cabelas would give me a new pair.

I did the live chat with them, and in the midst, remembered seeing some old receipts in a rarely used fishing vest this morning in my garage. Sure enough, it was the receipt for when I purchase my waders.

They said to ship them back to Oshkosh, with the reason and a request for credit, exchange or refund. I asked if I could just take them back to the Hamburg store. I called Hamburg, and Hamburg suggested that when they evaluate them that they might pro-rate my purchase where as Oshkosh would likely exchange them for new waders.

I do have an old pair laying around, so I think I'll ship them back and give you guys an update.

D

Here's the update:

Sent my waders back to Cabela's on 5/27/08 and today they said that they are replacing them. Unfortunately they are back ordered until 6/28/08.

Another happy ending.

D

Don't even look at Orvis for waders. We have a great shop but have been waiting on an order since early April. Still no waders. Very dissappointed with Corporate!

JayL,

I got a pair a couple on months ago from LL Bean for about a hundred bucks I think. I love em!

Back