Advice on Waders for a tall lanky guy

bigslackwater

bigslackwater

I'm going to need something soon since wet wading is getting uncomfortable and the water is getting too high to just tip toe through the shallows. The other thing is that I'm on an extremely tight budget right now. Really shouldn't even be buying "toys" right now but....

So I'm thinking the LL Bean Emerger wading pants. I'm 6'4" and about 205 lbs. Do you think XL would be a good fit? Are these good waders?

Check your PM.

I'm sure you've bought a pair by now but my son is just like you and his favorite waders for comfort are Cloud Vails. He has a 36" inseam and use to have a 31" waist and they were by far the best fit. They can be pricey but if you shop around online you might find something. He was either swimming in the waist with others or they were too short in the legs or foot..he wears a size 13 shoe but a 14 or 15 in wading shoes depending on the season. Good luck shopping. It is hard to fit someone tall and thin especially if you have a good sized foot.

I got the opposite problem. I'm tall AND fat. Its been tough finding waders to fit my height and my girth. Right now I just use those $100.00 waders from BPS. They fit my girth but the suspenders are too short. Sigh. Time to really loose weight.

for both tall and lanky and short and stut you can't go wrong with Simms options... check their site - you can get Large Short (LS) - they are perfect for a 5'7" 190 lber... They give you the extra room width wise but aren't real long and get bunched up. I can only imagine the "tall" options would suit the same for a tall lanky dude..

Just a thought. I know they are a little more $, but the comfort is worth it to me.

Dear Sasquatch,

It won't really help the the OP but Orvis size 2XL fit me just fine and I'm 6' 5" and 330 lbs. The Enduras will probably work for you but if you want built in gravel guards you'll need the Silver Label Classics.

I also know that Dan Bailey's 2XLK's will fit me but I only tried them on and did not buy them. Their 2XL's are too short through the chest and shoulders but they fit fine as waist highs and I got a deal on them so I bought them.

I also own Simms 2XL Guide waders and they aren't even close to the same size as the Orvis or Dan Bailey waders marked with the same size. A Simms 2XL is much smaller than either of those brands.

Whatever waders you and the OP decide you might like be sure to try them on first, don't just order them by specs.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have NO idea how the fit is, but saw this the other day. For a shoestring budget, if it works you can't beat it.

http://albrightflyfish.com/items/mens/list.htm

if your having troubles finding tall waders try www.bigcamo.com
i got my waders at ll bean and im big like tim murphy and sasquatch but i really forget which ones i have..... they are a bit snug and i hope they still fit....

Dear flip,

Thanks for posting that link, us biggun's got to stick together and help each other out when we can. ;-)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

no problem tim...

I highly recommend the Bean ones, I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs. I believe I have the XXL. The pants are good for big guys because we look pretty silly with the chest highs ;)

Best thing is they have a 100% life-time satisfaction with them, so if you don't like them after a season, or if they ever fail then just take them back. Nobody can beat that. Period.

Back