tying vise

mutzinbaugh

mutzinbaugh

i need to get a new vise and would like to upgrade with around a $100 budget, what do you guys suggest?

peak stationary anvil apex depending on weather you like the option to have multiple jaws (peak). or are alright with the one jaw set (apex) both are quality pieces

Try and wait around for a used one to come up.

For $100+/- the Renzetti Apprentise Vise is a great bargain. Nothing fancy, but a quality piece that should serve you well for a lot of years.

http://www.renzetti.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=198

I used the Danvise before I got my Renzetti and really liked it , does everything the Renzetti does but just doesn't look or feel as nice but still a great vice.

I have an Anvil and really like it. Not sure its a Renzetti but it is very sturdy ans serviceable.

I just got the Peak rotary for Christmas. I haven't tried it out yet but is built like a tank. It is $150 new, American made, and lifetime warranty. From the research I've done on it, it is comparable to other vises close double the price. I almost got a DanVise, but really glad my gf opted to spend a little more for the peak. I'd say it will last a few lifetimes!!!

I think there is a regal right around 100

or keep your eyes open for something used and in good condition

All of these suggestions

Back