swap?

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

hey guys... I've never done a swap before, but always read the posts about them and gaze at all the recipies put onto the site for reference. I would be interested in doing a swap, especially when the weather gets a bit on the worse side. Was thinking about topics for the swap and maybe an "own recipe" swap might be fun. I always mess around on the vise and have a few decent inventions I have made up. I wouldn't have a clue how to run the swap, so maybe someone could step in. Just an idea however...

All my flies for the swap have been my own recipe, except for the one recipe that I stole from Ian.

I'd be interested in a few months, but not now. Perhaps after the holidays?

exactly what I was thinking... maybe too soon to post this, but was just thinking about it as I was tying for my steelhead trip.

i am down for an early season swap. nights are longer and colder.

Count me in if you are planning the swap after Thanksgiving.

I MAY be in on this one depending on the timing of the swap and what the "theme" is going to be.

Ry, I can give you some guidance on how these generally work. I've done 2 so far, not an expert, but am more than willing to offer advice through my experiences.

yeah I'm going to focus more on fishing in the next month or so rather than tying some extra flies, but say maybe around the first few weeks in January to have the actual swap. I'm up to suggestions, or someone who wants to help moderate the swap would be great. Any other suggestions on fly types for the swap are welcome too... I suggested a secret recipe/invention swap.

I'm up for a swap whenever it happens.

I'm in... especially if it's a Steelhead swap.

I'm in, just let me know what and when.

JH

count me in -- but after christmas

I would be up for a swap soon....let me know what to tie

Back