newly tied flies

evw659

evw659

Been bored the last few days so i tied up some flies for fun. comments welcome.

flies
[/url][/img][img align=left

speyfly
width=300][/img]

hellgrammite

revis stone

brown elk hair caddis
flies
[/url][/img]

orange stimulator
flies
[/url][/img]

Adams

light cahill
flies
[/url][/img]

sulphur parachute
flies
[/url][/img]

royal coachman

On that stonefly nymph, heat your bodkin and touch the middle of the biot legs and they will bend forward.

Be prepared to burn through a few when trying it for the first time.

very nice. I'd be diving in after that hellgrammite if it got snagged, that's for sure...

They are not very good. Just box them all up and mail them to me and I will dispose of them properly.

(Making room in fly box for incoming shipment of scammed flys!)

Very nice flies!! The hellgramite is really nice.

They all look pretty good. I'll only comment on personal preference.

The elk hair caiddis I like to trim the bottom of the hackle and use about 50% more elk hair then you did. I like them to sit flat so I can skitter them, and ride high all day if possible.

The stimulator I'd make the front hackled part shorter, and the main body part longer. It usually represents a stonefly and the wings on a stonefly start closer up towards the head. But this is a typical attractor pattern and doesn't necessarily represent anything most times.

*disclaimer*
I am by no means an expert tyer and would take a dozen of each in a heartbeat!

Ryan

very nice ties

Very nice flies!! The hellgramite is really nice.

Thanks, i made up that pattern from the hellgrammite nymphs that some bait guys were showing my brother and me on the allegheny.
some were 4-5 inches long!!!!!!!
it was a fun pattern to make but took some time......

My father in law searches for them for live bait on the Slippery Rock. They are nasty little buggers and will def leave a mark when they bite. However, the bass just love them. He's caught some monsters on live hellgramites.

i like the helgie looks like there was alot of work into that one... and the stonefly is very nice well thay are all nice but that first streamer is what really caught my eye excellent ties

A few more.......
The stimulator I'd make the front hackled part shorter, and the main body part longer. It usually represents a stonefly and the wings on a stonefly start closer up towards the head.

evw659
[/url][/img]

slightly smaller hellgrammite, more time consuming though with each segment done individually.....

20 incher stone

damselfly nymph

nymph creation

copper jon

nymph creation

march brown

Back