help out a newbie

K

kozman4907

Hi I am just getting back to flyfishing/tying.

Can some one give a section of flies for fishing? I used to be up to date but have taken a break from flyfishing for about 10 years.
I used to love zug bugs for local waters, and muddler minows for fishing larger waters...
thanks Koz

pheasant tails, hares ear, stone fly, caddis larva, nymphs
tri color bucktail, muddler, wooly buggers, streamers
adams, wulffs, sulphurs, compara duns, drys
rusty spinners

I'd say ray charles in balck, cream, brown & hares ear colors. P-tail and hare ear in olive, brown, blk. Those 3 nymphs will in thoase colors will handle just about anything. As drys go an adams style in brown,green, yellow and grey.

I wouldn't overwhelm the poor guy. Get some Hare's Ear and Pheasant Tails in sizes 14 to 18 for nymphs. Get a couple of olive woolly buggers in size 8 and 10 for streamers. For dries, tan caddis in size 14 and 16 and Blue Winged Olive dries in size 18 and 16. That should cover you for the next 6 weeks and then add things and you read about hatches on this board.

I guess a good question might be where you intend to fish?

I missed Paco's comment about Adams. He's got that dead on.

thanks guys.

ok I live and fish alot in Bucks Co. I have family in North Centeral Tioga Co. I have found afew native streams with out names up north but I don't get up that too offten. Work and family stuff down state limit my time. I also sneak out to little leigh river a few times a year. ( tough fish).

again thanks for your help.

Back