fly tying symposium.

gfen

gfen

which of you idiots is going? looks like i'm in for saturday. drink-up afterwards?

i assume oldlefty and firandfeather'll be at the usual tables.

I'll be there.This will be my first year tying at the symposium. Stop over and BS. Looking forward to meeting some of the guys on here if you make the show.

Except I don't know who you are... but I imagine Old Lefty does as you've made note of being his friend.

That means we'll find him at your table for part of the show, instead of his. :-D

wsender wrote:
gfen, link?

http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com/

gfen,

I am sure Old Lefty will be stopping over at my table or I'll be at his table. He's always great to talk to.

I just posted this in the "events" section before I saw this. I don't think I'll be making it out there this year. If I'm driving that far, its to fish.

edit: lemme check my stupid work schedule. I tried to sound all cool above, but after some thought, I'd check this out if I'm off.

Its interesting, but I don't think its 10 hours of driving interesting.

Isn't there an "Interational Fly Fishing Symposium" or whatever they call the fly fishign show out that way? Same thing, basically. You seen one, you've seen the other. This one has more focus on dead animal bits, that one does tackle at large. But not all that different.

Yep, sure you will be meeting Ed and I on Saturday morning.

Santa and his elf. ;)

Figured you guys were in.

jdaddy wrote:
too far

Ditto, plus it's in Jersey

Also, I wonder if Aaron Jasper yells and it distorted in real life.

gfen wrote:
Its interesting, but I don't think its 10 hours of driving interesting.

Isn't there an "Interational Fly Fishing Symposium" or whatever they call the fly fishign show out that way? Same thing, basically. You seen one, you've seen the other. This one has more focus on dead animal bits, that one does tackle at large. But not all that different.

Very good point. There is probably a show out here somewhere. I don't know...I'm always at work. I don't think that the soon-to-be wife is too keen on the NJ idea either. However, I like the idea of getting to see and inspect some capes firsthand so I know what I'm getting. I never thought I'd have such an affinity for chicken feathers.

I'll be tying there for the first time to. Just look for one of the kids. lol.

-Gaeron Friedrichs

I'll probably be there on Saturday. It would be great to meet some of the folks here, especially over a drink or 3.

I'm thinking of driving down on Saturday. I would be comeing from the Shamokin area down 61 and across 78. Anybody interested in sharing a ride?

gfen wrote:

i assume oldlefty and firandfeather'll be at the usual tables.

You assume incorrectly. No Southpaw this year. He tied a fly last year. :lol:

Seriously - He said he's not going.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
You assume incorrectly. No Southpaw this year. He tied a fly last year. :lol:

Heh. I know he said last time we talked he felt it was better to network than be tabled, but I saw his name on the list so I thought maybe he'd changed his mind.

Shame, I look forward to our meetings. Guess I'm Leftiless 'til December.

Do you know if LittleLehigh was swinging through there this year? Its been awhile since I've seen him anywhere.

I'm planning on getting there early Saturday AM.

Back