eco flex

F

flytyingfred

i just bought some eco flex from cabelas to use on my feathers for wings or wing cases etc. I tried to use it on some duck quills for wings. it just comes in a plastic squeeze bottle and is very thick. I used a small paint brush to apply it but it is so thick its hard to spread and it did not come out well. anyone have any ideas on what to use to thin this or how else to apply it I would greatly appreciate it. thanks fred

I would put it in my pocket for a while, or sit it in a glass of warm water. Heating it could thin it.

I think what you want is Softex, all together different properties.

Softex works but its some pretty smelly stuff. A jar of good old Fleximent woks too. And it won't stink up the house. Unless of course that is part of the plan. I use both at different times.

thank you guys for the info. I was thinking that there was something in a spray can to use on wings to keep them together for wing casings and wings. I was surprised when I got a plastic bottle of this stuff similar to a bottle of head cement. Fred

Fred, Fred, Fred, what am I goin to do wit ya ! Krylon Fixative is the best for what you want to do. buy it at your local hardware, if they don't carry it try a art fixative from any art supply store. they are in spay cans works the best. its all I use here for treating Feathers.

bob I may pop in this afternoon if you are home. Fred

Sandfly does that stuff stay flexible? This is the advantage to the other two. BTW spraying, no matter where you do it is messy.

Yes it stays flexable, it actually goes on real thin. alot better than the spreadable stuff. just go out side or in the garage and spray all your feathers, I do.

Back