best place to buy materials for tying online?

H

Hunttrapfish17

I was curious as to where everyone is buying their materials. looking for the best prices. I plan on tying this winter. I have tied some jigs for steelhead but would like to start stocking up on materials. Thank you in advance!

This topic comes up from time to time so a quick search may yield more results, but for now:

J Stockard

Blue Quill Angler

FFP

Charlie's Fly Box

www.hookhack.com

Sadly or fortunately (depends on perspective) I have ordered from all of these sites within the last year. And yes, many will no doubt say, it is better to buy products in person. That said, all of these stores are reputable and have never disappointed.

Happy shopping

there really is no "mother of all fly shops" for buying materials

retail prices are going to be the same for most online shops.

you have to do some searching on your own to determine which fly shop is right for you

there will be some shops offering specials so you'll need to get on their mailing list

some offer free shipping

heres some shops

bears den

feather craft

caddis fly shop

bob mariotts

hook and hackle

j stockard

etyer

bear lodge angler

blue ribbon flies

etyer

the fly shop

charlies fly box

great feathers

jims fly co

fly tyers dungeon

performance flies

etc

theres one place i forgot to mention

your local fly shop. they can use your business and may even have competitive pricing

Blue Ribbon Flies

http://www.blue-ribbon-flies.com/

Of all the online shops nfrechet mentioned, JStockard is probably the most popular. If you register with them you'll get sale notices and if you have any questions, even picky questions, they respond fast & friendly:

JStockard

Certainly not a typical online shopping experience, but I had excellent experience, but I highly recommend buying hackle directly from Collins Hackle farm.

Back