York fly tiers?

YorkFlyGuy

YorkFlyGuy

I am in York, PA and have been fly fishing for about a year now. I have dabbled in fly tying, but each time I learn one or two, then leave the bench for too long and forget. I would love to find a group around that gets together and can show me some new things, and what flies they use around here.

Anyone like that around?
I don't even know if there is a fly shop around, I can find some materials at Gander Mt., but that isn't a replacement for a good shop.

Thanks for any help.

Maurice is in your area. Not sure if his TU chapter does fly tying stuff, but he could help I'm sure. Not to get all mushy about it, but Mo has taught me more in a week of hanging out with him at jams* than most other people I know. Half the time, he probably didn't realize he was teaching, and the other half, he probably doesn't remember!

*The annual PAFF jamborees. Look around the site and book a trip up there when we do it. It's worth it.

I PM'd Nick Jay...Thanks for the kind words.

I am actually kicking around the idea of having a fly tying forum at this months meeting on the 21st. If I can get a newsletter out next week it may come together.

I do enjoy teaching fly tying techniques. I don't get into the fancy stuff, just efficiency of the basics. There are usually a few guys who tie some wild stuff at the meeting when we have tying. I am always up for a new tip or two.

Maurice

Back