Where the "magic" happens-

JG63

JG63

A view of my fly tying/model building/jewelry making craft center. Organized Chaos. It's not as scattered as my brain. Post pix of your creative area (yeah I know it's been done before)

8A294831-ADD0-43BB-BFB3-F4A9352CCBF7.jpg

bench1_zpsdeaaf09a.jpg

When I bought my house a couple of years ago, there was a small room with the heating a/c unit in it. It really wasn't big enough for anything special. Luckily my wife said I could keep all my fishing, hunting and outdoor stuff in there. Well I turned it into my man cave workshop. The boy and I spend hours in there tying flies, going through all of our hunting and fishing stuff, and just relaxing. I am lucky to have a spot.

DSC_0186_zps4mgcuoeb.jpg

DSC_0187_zpsshcb0bic.jpg

You all have some very organized setups...My desk includes my extra desk in my dorm room because I am an RA. My stuff is in 4 boxes separated by "function". Hope I can have a room like that one day!

My tying area is getting there slowly but surely. Still fairly new to this house and I can't seem to find about a quarter of my tying materials since I moved. The current desk space that I work on is cut off in the pic but it goes about 10 more feet and there is more pegboard... I thought I was going to like the pegboard system because it would help me get organized, well that isn't happening. I guess it's all part of the never ending evolution and tinkering of your typical fly tyer/angler.

Attachments

• Tying area 1.jpg
    Tying area 1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
My tying area is getting there slowly but surely. Still fairly new to this house and I can't seem to find about a quarter of my tying materials since I moved. The current desk space that I work on is cut off in the pic but it goes about 10 more feet and there is more pegboard... I thought I was going to like the pegboard system because it would help me get organized, well that isn't happening. I guess it's all part of the never ending evolution and tinkering of your typical fly tyer/angler.

Attachments

• Fly tying desk 2.jpg
    Fly tying desk 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
My little corner. Not much, but it works for me.

Attachments

• Where.jpg
    Where.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 0
djs12354 wrote:

Awesome room, awesome desk and I envy you the piano.

Rolf wrote:
djs12354 wrote:

Awesome room, awesome desk and I envy you the piano.

Rolf

It's really only a corner, literally. The doorway to the left of the desk face into the kitchen.

The piano is my wife's grandmother's Story and Clark. We had it refinished a while ago and it looks incredible. The gentleman that redid it even had a new Story and Clark decal made up for it!

I may move things upstairs but like the light from the window and I would lose that.

I don't have a dedicated spot, usually just end up at my dining room table. Just picked this up yesterday off of craigslist. Needs some refinishing, but will be where I set my vise and such.

20150325_164135_zpsevorwjl2.jpg

AmblingAardvark wrote:
I don't have a dedicated spot, usually just end up at my dining room table. Just picked this up yesterday off of craigslist. Needs some refinishing, but will be where I set my vise and such.

Now that's an up-town setting!

Just my old computer desk transformed into a tying station. Not elaborate at all but it works.

20150627_102342_zpsgtqpriux.jpg
[/url][/img]

I just got some wood working tool and will be playing with turkey call making. I added a small table in which I will be keeping my fly tying stuff as well.

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 3
RedRock I still have a green creel like the one hanging there. It was my grandmothers. I will be passing it down to my son some day.

holy crap I don't dare post mine.

My organizational skills are non existent. As a matter of fact, from sometime closer to my annual spring trip south, till oh, freeze up, my bench is in some form of tornado aftermath. Somehow, I still know where everything is at.

Not to include that I also paint arrows on the same bench, I have hooks, nocks, field points, and feathers in the same dish at times haha.

Back