Watching football and tying flies..

streamerguy

streamerguy

Some meat fresh off the vise. Hopefully the fish like 'em!!

IMG_1012_zps34696260.jpg

IMG_1018_zps2fee0d37.jpg

IMG_1021_zpsb84a5de4.jpg

IMG_1026_zps783535d6.jpg

IMG_1015_zps0dbe6a6f.jpg

Nice, those should move some fish. Nothing like a cold beer, football, and a vise...
Really like the olive ones. What size are the dumbbell eyes?

Thanks. The dumbell eyes are 7/32"

I was trying to see if you were copying the colors of the football team you were cheering for at each game. I give up....which teams?

Nice flies anyways. The first three pictures (Flies) look like a main hook with a trailer - is that correct?

Didn't think of that. All the teams I was cheering for ended up winning except for Indy, though I could have cared less who won since my team(Cleveland) wasn't playing obviously. Good idea for a future thread....

Yep. All of those flies, with the exception of the last one of course, are tied with two hooks. The second fly is tied on a small hook shank(with the bend cut off) and then I tied in a trailer hook using Berkley Fireline and Zap a Gap. The rest are just normal articulated streamers tied with two hooks, with heavy mono(and zap a gap) connecting them. You can use wire or other materials in place of the mono or fireline. Whatever you prefer/have available.

I tied some "Steelers" flies. I was reading about how important contrast is when the water is off color. I thought, hey, black and gold woolly bugger. We'll see. :)

Back