The orvis guide to essential American flies

D

Dcap240

I picked up the orvis guide to essential American flies at Barnes and nobles for $9.98 just now in the mall in Whitehall. Just wanted to let you LV guys know they have a couple copies left in the bargain priced section. I know it's not the best fly tying book out there but for $10 bucks why not?

I won a copy of this book, and agree it is worth that price. Interesting background information on some well known flys.

The B&N at the Promenade Shops had a few copies for $10 that I saw today. Seems good for that price.

I need to check my B&N. I've been getting all the Orvis books from the Library and they seem great for novices like me, but $10 is a nice price to own...

Can't recommend the Library enough. They have some pretty rare titles and you can't beat free knowledge. (or whatever you're libary charges, probably not much)....

Library is great I agree. I have about 4 books out right now from my local library, and a DVD. Why pay for most books when you can use them for free for weeks at a time. Some of those books are really expensive and I can't imagine I would be reading them over and over unless its a pattern/reference book. They have Charlie Craven's Basic fly tying at my local library and that was one of the best beginner books I read. I learned more from that book than I did from about 3 or 4 other books combined. That orvis book is a decent book as well, it has large pictures and good instructions but not as thorough as cravens book.

Free from amazon today only. Essential trout flies by Dave Hughes ebook if you have a kindle or kindle app for iPhone.

Back