Sparrow Nymph

Murph

Murph

I tried a sparrow nymph because I saw it demonstrated by dc410 at the PAFF tying jam back in December and I really liked it. I've only been tying for a few days and this is the first fly i've ever tied on my own. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Picture

Better Picture

Great job... that'll catch fish!

thats pretty darn good for your first fly! nice job

You nailed it Murph! That is a great tie. Any fish will have trouble refusing that offering. Keep up the good work.

Wow....that's a pretty sweet tie for a first. This is cosmetic only but a smoother head is all I got for criticism. Great job!

Just to clarify Im in a fly tying class (been to two sessions so far) and have tied a couple basic flies there. This is the first fly I've sat down at home and tied without anyone helping me out.

Really Murph, Thats killer looking. You will certainly not have trouble catching the first fish on a fly you tied personally. DC410 must be some kind of demonstrator. This forum board must have some high caliber guys. I need to come to a Jam and meet some of yuins.

Great job! Dc410 certainly did a fantastic demo of a very good fly. I knew as soon as I saw it that I would be adding it to my box.
Mike.

Wow, for one of your first flies. That is outstanding.

Keep it up,

GenCon

That is a nice fly for a short time tier.
The fish are going to love that fly. :)

Back