Sinking Beetle

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

Hi guys. Thought I'd share my results on a new fly I tied off the Keinik website. I tied up the sinking beetle pattern using the exact materials called for on the site. I fished it on Fishing Creek this past weekend and did very well with it. It is fairly easy to tie and I would highly recommend it. Here is the website instructions for anyone interested.

http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/product.php?productid=16275&cat=271&page=1

Thanks for that info. I have some Kreinik stuff after buying one of Harrison Steeves books and a lot of his recipes call for it. I've tied a couple but have yet to try them on a stream.

I guess I'll have to next time out.

I have had luck with drowning a beetle. It saved the day for me on the little J once.

yea sinking beetles are quite effective. I tie them simply by covering a tungston bead with black dubbing and adding a fine palmered collar which i clip the fibers on the top so the legs are angled downward. Add an epoxy shell back and there ya go. A sinking beetle.

yea sinking beetles are quite effective. I tie them simply by covering a tungston bead with black dubbing and adding a fine palmered collar which i clip the fibers on the top so the legs are angled downward. Add an epoxy shell back and there ya go. A sinking beetle.

Back