Rubber leg HE

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

This pattern has given me some good results recently and I'd like to share. Typical HE pattern with barred rubber legs. I wasn't getting looks until I tied this puppy on my dropper and hooked up pretty quickly.
I in no way am revolutionizing fly tying with this, just like to share.
The dubbing I use has alot of small guard hairs in it, and the thorax is done with the same dubbing in a split thread dubbing loop.

CAM00055_zps7d14fdb6.jpg

Nice Jim, it's fun to experiment at the vise and turn out stuff like this. Congrats on your fly producing for ya. Looks good.

That's a really good looking tie. I can understand why it produced for you. The quality of the flies you have been tying has been very good. Keep up the good work.

Dc410, Jack, thank you. I like to try new stuff at the vise...sometimes i get lucky and it produces.

Tyger, you are doing well. Nice!

GenCon

Thanks for sharing; very buggy-looking fly!

TC

Thanks everyone. Had great success with this last night. Went through two flies from fish ripping them up. Gotta find a better wsy to secure the legs.

J55tyger88 wrote:
Thanks everyone. Had great success with this last night. Went through two flies from fish ripping them up. Gotta find a better wsy to secure the legs.

zap a gap

GenCon

Nice fly. I was going to look that fly up after reading about your success. Thanks for sharing.
Bill

Back