Request for a few donated flies

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Hey guys. I am putting together a trout fishing package to be auctioned off to benefit a close friend and turkey call maker. A little back story, the call maker put together a benefit for a young girl with cancer last year that brought in 11k for the young girl and her family. Just bums me out that he was diagnosed with a terminal illness himself. The auction itself is mainly based on turkey calls, but all outdoor items will be fair game.

I want the package to end up being a complete set up with lots of flies and things of that nature. Trying to get a rod and reel combo, and a nice net as well, but it is a bit tough. For now I am trying to at least get the flies covered.

I am already tying up a nice kit of about 80 nymphs and streamers. I got a decent box of flies donated from the Lively legz guys. A few members of a facebook group I belong to are sending a few flies as well. I got a one day pass to a private trout club as well.

I am mainly in need of (2) types of flies. Dry flies, and flies tied with turkey. I want the flies to end up like this:

(1) box nymphs and streamers
(1) box dry flies/ terrestrials
(1) box all turkey flies

Any flies will be appreciated, and find there way into a fly box though. I am not the greatest at tying dry flies, as I never really use them, so any help in this department will be greatly appreciated.

Was wondering if anyone could tie up a few and donate them to the cause. I will be trying to get a box donated as well, but if not I can just purchase one. Even If we get 3-4 guys tying up a couple flies, it will be enough to make a little box. I will make note that the box was donated by the members of PA Fly Fish as well.

IF interested in helping me out, please shoot me a pm for my shipping address. I really appreciate any help.

Mike, I am really busy with work right now. But I think I could find the time to do a dozen dry flys. Maybe more But I could promise a dozen.
When do you need them by?

GenCon

Auction is not until august 22nd. Thanks for wanting to help out. Any number is fine, and will be added to the box.

Hi mike, I got a couple of those grey boxes from Allen for free with a hook order a while back. Would you want one or two of them?

Put me down for 6 foam beetles and 6 Ken's crazy ants.

Mike R,
PM sent...

Thanks guys, I could use one more box or so to round up the flies. I hope this package gos big.

Rio is sending me a box of their fly line as well. Just gotta figure out who to contact for a rod and reel and I will have the complete set up. LOL if not the person will be getting a lot of hand tied flies, from US Citizens.

I will put up a picture of all of the PAFF flies when they come in. Thanks again for all of the help. Every dollar we can bring in will really help out my friend.

I can tie a dozen sulphur nymphs.

Thanks again for the donations guys. This should really help out the package I am putting together.

I may keep the sulphur nymphs though ;)

I got the beetles and ants on Saturday. From Laszlo. I really like that ant pattern. I bet it looks killer from underneath the water.

So far excluding the flies I will be tying I got in

168 flies.

2 donors from a facebook group I belong to really blew me away!

THanks again guys. This should help the trout fishing package bring in big money. This really helps me out because I am swamped at work and with 2 3 month old girls and a 3 year old boy, this really saves me. I hope you all are rewarded with some great fishing luck

If you still need more let me know. Since we live close to each other we can meet and you can see what I have. I'm not nearly good as most on here but you might find some that are suitable.

Mike, let me know if you would like me to tie up a dozen or so soft hackles - they would fall into the "nymph" category I presume. I can knock them out pretty quick and send them to you priority mail - sorry for the late response - PM me if you like.

Mike:Do you still need more?If so,what kind?

Mike, I have a dozen bead head turkey tail nymphs and half a dozen poly wing caddis in one of the free boxes I got from allen fly fishing. Planning to send them after the holiday.

Mike, pm sent.

Gencon

Thanks guys, I have quite a few, now so if you want to do a half dozen it would work. but the more the merrier. I will put the flies in the box provided, and make a note that the flies were donated by the members of PAFF.

I apologize for the delayed response, things have been crazy at work and the home front. Not to mention I started dabbling with making turkey calls.

Thanks again for all of the support on this guys. I could not have put the package together without your help. Plus a lot of you are better than I am at tying :)

When you guys send in the flies, can you put your screen name some where inside the package? I want to take note of who all donated what. I don't know you guys by last name. :)

Got some really good looking dries yesterday. Not positive on who sent them. Came in a padded US mail envelope, in a snuff can.

Great ties.

I also like to use those snus pouch cans for fly holders, as well as altoids. Put some foam in the bottom and you are set.

Thanks again guys for the donations.

I got a go ahead from the owner of my company to make a custom fire ring to auction off as well. Being a Mechanical Designer/Sales engineer for a company that has all the major metal fabrication tools has its pluses. It will be burned from 1/8" steel, might go with 10 or 12 GA still haven't decided, as I don't want the thing to weigh 50#.

I am going to lay it out with the typical spring turkey hunt in mind. Roosted gobbler, gobbler flying down, walking gobbler, strutting gobbler then a hunter against a tree, and if I have enough space a guy walking out with a turkey. I think it will be neat to see the story lay out as you walk around the fire ring.

I also have the flyers made for the event. If anyone wants to go let me know. All are invited. It will not just be turkey calls, there will be artwork, custom knives, hand turned wood bowls, and all kinds of stuff. Feel free to pm me if you would like to attend the event. It will be in ENOLA,PA out by Harrisburg.

Thanks again

I sent some flies in a snuff can, I guess I'm the guilty party.

Back