Recent ties

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

Tried a dubbing blend I been messing around with. Thought these might be to buggy, but I still like them. Don't know what hatch the match. Both have deer hair tails and wings. The dubbing is hares mask underfur and guard hairs mixed.

Critiques appreciated please...

CAM00284_zps39b855a1.jpg
CAM00283_zpsf142a8f9.jpg
CAM00282_zps6ba82eea.jpg
CAM00276_zps66a61509.jpg
CAM00278_zps07339064.jpg
CAM00277_zps44745cb5.jpg

Tyger bring them with you on Thursday.

I will. These are like the ones we tied this summer but no trailing shuck. I had a lot of action on that march brown like I said, and it started some ideas on different materials and such.

Nice job on those dries. Look good.

Thanks lv2nymph. I like this style dry. I dont have good dry fly hackles so this style suits me well.

Nice fly but an even better tying vise. I have tied my salt water bucktails on vice grips for years until I bought an old Thompson. Still use the vice grips on the larger bucktails.

Hah! That's an awesome vice. Also really nice looking comparaduns. I never did get the hang of tying those - my wing always seems to come out crooked or leaning too far forward. I'm sure they would catch fish just the same, but I don't like the looks of them.

Thank you! I was at the sometset show looking for a vise and couldnt find on in my price range. So i decided to make one, and i love it.

Back