Paraloop???

BigHUMPY9

BigHUMPY9

Hey I was surfing and found some interesting looking midge emergers. In the writen description it said it used the paraloop technique. Does anyone have any useful information on this? What is it? How is it tied? etc....
also....i was thinking of getting a gallow attachment for my vice to tie some parachutes. does anyone have one? and is it worth it to buy?
thanks

mmmmmmmmm....HUMPY

Humpy your going to have to copy and paste that link. It is not working by clicking it for some reason.

Just don't call him
Humpty Hump

Oh and here's a link to that paraloop page
link

Padraic,

I think BigHumpy9, henceforth shall now be known as Humpty Hump. LOL.....I forgot about that song!!!!LMFAO

That was AWESOME!!!!!! I actually wear that hat when im on the stream too. It helps keep all of my humpies in order. Thank you for that! Padraic shall for ever be know as THE MAN!!!!!

I really wouldn't buy a gallows tool all that you need if you have a lamp above your vice is a rubberband and a pair of hackle pliers. Just put the rubberband arould your light and attach your pliers to the band and there you have it.

Ok so I got the gallows tool and love it. my parachutes have never looked so good. Its SICK!!!
I am still having trouble with the paraloop though. I find that when I go to pull the line through to cinch down the paraloop to the back of the fly my hackle gets bunched up sometimes. its a real pain in the tail and it happens one and three times. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

I stroke the hackle back as I bring the loop down onto the dubbing ball. Seems to make the hackle flare out like it should.

Back