Looking for Muskrat pelt

T

tracker12

Anyone know any trappers? I am looking for a muskrat pelt. Willing tompay going price and shipping.

Go over to http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=7&page=1 and post same. You should be able to hook up with some, probably find a local.

Pretty cheap here, and you wouldn't have to worry about it being preserved right...

Becker said YOU were a trapper at the Steelhead Jam. :lol:

Careful of buying tanned pelts if you want them for dry flies a "green" pelt is better , the tanning process removes the oils that make it waterproof. I got mine from buying it off of a local trapper who just dried and salted it NO Tanning. if you want it for nymphs or wets the tanning doesn't matter.

I have a brother in law that traps and keeps me overloaded with different furs. He's always giving me already boraxo treated muskrat pelts and I kept stacking them up because I don't want to seem unappreciative and tell him no and because he also hunts and I can always use the fox sq. hides he gives me.

So, the long and short of it is that, while I just gave away 4 rat hides, I still have one in a plastic bag under the back seat of my car.
Been there for 3 years and I just now remembered its there. its in good shape and is a good hide, already treated, as i said.

PM me if you want it with a name and address (folks here know me. I'm eccentric, but reputable...:)) and I'll mail it out to you this week. Lot better than having the Mrs. decide she is going to clean my car and find it.

Not to piggy back on, but if these things aren't nasty and you're looking to dump some extra, let me know.

I'm having a fun time grinding things in my coffee grinder, and have been working my way through straight rabbit skin...muskrat would liven that right up.

Will reimburse with a dubbing bag of blended muskrat. :)

Gfen wants to have muskrat love...

Is the afternoon show different than the noontime comedy hour, or will I be treated to the same jokes? :)

I fell over lunch, I think my knee is twice as big as it was when i started. ow.

Rleep2
PM sent I'll take the rat!!! Thanks

Herritage
For some reason Becker kept calling me trapper instead of tracker. No matter to me I have answered to worse.

tracker12 wrote:
Herritage
For some reason Becker kept calling me trapper instead of tracker. No matter to me I have answered to worse.

Becker doesn't know which way he is going. The tracker is behind the animal the trapper is ahead.

#OOPS#, wonder if anybody caught what I typed before I realized that it did not all OOps out.

Back