Found out yesterday......

djs12354

djs12354

Found out yesterday, at the on-stream portion of the Newbie Jam, that it's even more satisfying to hand a fly to someone and have them get their first fish on a fly in years than it is to get one on your own tie yourself.

My friend Pat had accompanied me to the Newbie Jam. When we headed to the stream, he asked what he should tie on. Looked at the water and dug out the mini-bugger I have tied and had him toss that. Few casts later says, I'm stuck.....No, wait...that rock is moving! Made the day for both of us!

That's too cool, great saying and great happening.

Love those mini-buggers.

I agree DJS!

Yep hearing customers or firends have success is the most rewarding part of tying.

I like giving guys some flies on the stream if they ask what I am using to catch fish. A friendly gesture that is soon rewarded after someone catching a fish on a fly you tied.

Had a new customer order some of the stockie killers. He had an awesome day with them. Sent me a few fish and said he landed the biggest trout of his life on one, a 24" rainbow. The fish snapped off at his feet as he went to pick it up. Had another customer send me a pic of a 19" rainbow caught on one of the mini buggers he ordered. My business card picture was taken from my friend that I got into fly fishing. It was the biggest brown he ever caught.

Stuff like that is definetly better than catching fish yourself!!

Stuff like that is definetly better than catching fish yourself!!

Anybody can catch fish. Preserving and passing on the art streamside and showing others the true stairway to heaven is the icing on the cake. Pee on all the commercial jerks.

It's what I call good fish karma! Pass it on!

Back