Flies for stockies

B

BTflyman

Looking to tie up some flies for the opener and first week for my son and I. What do you suggest for stockies? I think they would be like san juan and glo eggs. One question is can you use Poly-yarn for the egg patterns? do you just weight them ? Thanks for any input!

I would use something like a Telico, Gold Ribbed Hares Ear, wooly Bugger. They are all useualy weight flys. I never used egg patterns. Did you check out the thread on the fish pellet paterns. I always joked about it, but it would probably work.

I would use something like a Telico, Gold Ribbed Hares Ear, wooly Bugger. They are all useualy weight flys. I never used egg patterns. Did you check out the thread on the fish pellet paterns. I always joked about it, but it would probably work.

I would use something like a Telico, Gold Ribbed Hares Ear, wooly Bugger. They are all useualy weighted flys. I never used egg patterns. Did you check out the thread on the fish pellet paterns. I always joked about it, but it would probably work.

They really have a pellet imatation...that is too much!

BTflyman,

Go back to the therd group of threads on fly tying and you'll see it.

Back