Emerger Pattern Help

drews

drews

I was out yesterday and there was a good hatch of what I believe to be red Quills. I have been FF for a few years but would not consider myself very knowledgeable of hatches. I am usually by myself and when I ask friends that were out on similar sections of the stream what was hatching they all have different answers. I understand that several flies can be coming off at the same time. Any ways the question is Im looking for a good emerger pattern. I used a klinkhammer that I tied up the other day and had many takers, but couldn’t get a hook in them…I assumed that it wasn’t quite right an perhaps they never really took it in.
Is there any “cover all” emerger patterns? I was thinking of tying up PT body and then changing the dubbing colors for the thorax. Any suggestions? Sites where I could find emerger patterns for different mayflies would be helpful
As always thank in advance

I like the half PT, hald dubbing emergers.

They may be refusing at the last second so gresse your tippet too.

Also, offset the hook point slightly. while the fly is still int eh vise just push slightly to one side.

I used to tie my energers on straight shanked hooks and then bend them with needle nose pliers and then offset the hook point.

MKern wrote:
I like the half PT, hald dubbing emergers.

They may be refusing at the last second so gresse your tippet too.

Also, offset the hook point slightly. while the fly is still int eh vise just push slightly to one side.

I used to tie my energers on straight shanked hooks and then bend them with needle nose pliers and then offset the hook point.

Thanks and thats a good idea on the offset... Ill try that.

I use comparaduns and cdc comparaduns most of the time. Just tie a few with an antron shuck to cover the emerger.

Back