EP Fibers (et al) flies: How?

gfen

gfen

What's the secret to the baitfish patterns composed entirely of things like EP fibers, Awesome Hair, Krinkle FIbers, etc?

I'm sure they're simple, but is it just one big hunk of hair at the front, or lots of them, or spun, or what?

Gfen,
Try pasting this info:http://www.epflies.com/
this should help you out ,kinda hard to explain far easier to watch it done
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Sometimes the most overlooked answer is the obvious answer.

Thank you.

Be sure ytye VERY VERY sparsely!! You have to learn to use very little material. The more sparse you tye the better they look.

I did a few to try, where I sort of just kept binding down hunks of fiber top/bottom/top etc etc etc.

It was giant, I've been using it to cut off pieces for some smaller attempts.

Gfen,
You are very welcome, this pattern especially applies the less is more theory where material application is concerned,join that website and watch the videos very carefully and like they say"when in rome do what the romans do" figureatively speaking,also its imperative that you use mono thread for tying this fly.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

what's the official name of that little minnow you sent out in a swap? is it just the ep fibers with epoxy for a head/body, or was there body braid over top of it then epoxied?

gfen wrote:

what's the official name of that little minnow you sent out in a swap? is it just the ep fibers with epoxy for a head/body, or was there body braid over top of it then epoxied?

Are you talking to me ?

i am, see, we were sort of going back and forth and you were the message prior to mine. a linear conversation, because there is no threaded mode on this forum.

which is nice, because threaded is generally annoying.

Tan over white extra select craft fur covered with ez body braid than epoxy

thank you sir!

they want you to pay for epflies.com! pfft.

how'd i do? the hook is definatly too small, but other than that? white belly, light blue back, bit of a black top line and some blue sharpie up top as well.

its suppsoed to be a peanut bunker.

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 4
(odd. it posted twice, but had an attachment only the first time)

Those google eyes float. Michael's I believe sells doll eyes cheap and they are made of solid glass or plastic.

This was a good thread.

BrookieBuster101 wrote:
Those google eyes float.

Thank dogs that sinking lines don't, eh? Point taken, though, for future reference.

Looks good to me minus the medalist . You can make the fly smaller still to match the hook but bass eat their food head first so it might still work .

Fredrick wrote:
Looks good to me minus the medalist . You can make the fly smaller still to match the hook but bass eat their food head first so it might still work .

C'mon, that's the big boy of the Medalist lineup, the 1498!

I tried another one last night, but again, way too much material. Its a fine line.

best peanut butter pattern I have used is one with a red spot behind eye and under the EP fibers, and light green on back with silver angel hair and white for belly. Try that combo Gary for jersey. sorry about the looks they have been used and caught fish too. the grey one is 5" long. I like the smaller 2-3" flies.

Attachments

• 7-25-2011 011.jpg
    7-25-2011 011.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 2
Google eyes float so add some weight to the fly which it should have anyhow. they rattle which is good. I tie all my flies on them now. seem to work better than the hard ones, just coat them with nail polish or something for the salt.

C'mon, that's the big boy of the Medalist lineup, the 1498!
NOT the 1499CJ is or the 578DA. they are the big boys of Medalist.

Attachments

• 11-22-09 089.jpg
    11-22-09 089.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
Back